Wednesday 8 November 2006

SadSac comes to Town

Yesterday was much fun, well it had its moments, went the the land of sugar for work, waited for a taxi for 45min to get to the train station then got sworn at by one of the most disturbing taxi drivers ever. Anyone who starts everything they say with a profanity or "I'm not being funny but..." is not a good person to entrust your safety, but then needs must when I can't drive.

moving on the evening got better

After much planing, and re-planing, I met Mr SadSac we went to chez jules, and had some of their very nice pinot noir. had long chat about the wonders of bollywood, trainers with ticks, and the importance of the work life balance. We've not spent hardly any time just the two of us for probably years, it was really nice to talk. I love being part of a big family, but sometimes it can be difficult to get time just 121.

That was a bit meandering, back to the point.

So after being taken for a lovely meal by the aforementioned SadSac, the chat continued, and a trip to the cinema was proposed. I love the cinema, just don't get to go that often, so hastily agreed.

we walked to the Odeon and looked at the films. after much I'm not seeing that we ended up going to see "Step Up" which is a cheesesy girly dance film. This was obvious from the poster, but bless him, he still came with me. He even got popcorn, now I think of it he got popcorn twice in fact!

There is no plot to speak of in this film and in the first 5 minutes we successfully identified the main characters, including the one that was not going to see the end of the film. having said that I enjoyed every single cliché ridden gloriously predictable moment of it, and would highly recommend it to anyone who prefers there films on the non taxing side. I've pre-ordered the DVD and everything.

All in all a brilliant night out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed - it was a very nice evening. Can't really remember the film now apart from the fact that it was cringeworthy.

I have since acquired two more pairs of trainers with ticks on - aren't I a lucky boy?

Of to Malta today for a work christmas party - and there were all of those out there who thought I didn't have a proper job.

Take it easy x