Sunday 31 December 2006

Jam but no Jerusalem

I just finished the marathon of making jam! Blueberry and Cranberry, probably the most expensive jam I make, this one had about a kg of each, so including lemon and sugar the ingredients came to around £40! It made about 3 litres of jam, which should see the through the year! If not I’ve still got 500g of cranberries in the freezer, for the next time blueberries are 2 for 1.

Making jam takes a while 4 or five hours in some cases, even longer for one batch of strawberry. But it is worth it, now the novelty has worn out I only make stuff I can’t buy, like my task today. Or stuff that tastes considerably better than shop bought, which I am informed the strawberry is, I don’t taste it but then I don’t like strawberries.

Apparently it tastes good on waffles, which was a discovery we made with the new waffle iron, which was a gift to us from Fuego (nice one you!)

No comments: