Friday 1 February 2008

Five tree rings

Be woken up at late but not to late o’clock with a cup of peppermint tea (my fav morning drink) by my much beloved emb. Chat, open cards, and be generally sickening.

Then got a phone call saying you didn’t get the job you applied for (optional). (On the plus side they told me when they said they would, and I got good feedback). Have friends phone and be congratulary on anniversary, and positive about interview.

Eat light breakfast, have shower, drink more tea, have suggested you should dry your hair properly as it is cold and you might catch a chill. Get dressed in girl clothes, including tights I managed not to put my hand through. Strangely I didn’t feel silly.

Go for Carvery; eat fantastic veggies and a small Yorkshire pudding. We forgot the veggie gravy, but they had some and it was really nice (not salty). Then I had a vanilla ice cream swimming in butterscotch sauce, I eat all most all the butterscotch and about half the ice cream. EMB had turkey, veggies, a huge Yorkshire but no ice cream. Drink sparkling water, still no none medication caffeine this year!

Go home, play with excessively over excited puppy, more peppermint tea and then retire for a nap, get woken a bit later with more peppermint tea, more phone calls, and then a view out the window at what could have been mistaken for the start of Ragnarök, horizontal snow and all.

Chat to family, good wishes and discussions of the weather. Discuss food, feed puppy, and start to cook. Snuggle down to watch pre-decided appropriate film while eating, with a break for more tea, and “rainy snow”. Watch film, with out comments having discovered EMB had never seen the end! More tea, more chat, type up day, go to sleep happy …

No comments: