Thursday 5 April 2007

Busy Day

Today is my last full day in KL, as such I had much to do. Those Temples don't visit themselves you know!

First step was catching the train by myself, this was a big step. Please allow a slight digression, the tickets have some form of reprogrammable feature, and as such they can be reused, but rather than in the UK, where you have your destination on the ticket, here you don't, so you just have to remember!

First stop Chinatown, where I first went to Chan See Shu Yuen Temple, which was very old, and took a leap of faith to get to as you had to cross a very very busy roundabout to get there, on the plus side you got two for one as there was also the Koon Yam (Guanyin) Temple a little bit over. Next back a bit was yet another temple, Sze Ya Temple which was a little tricky to find but fengshui put it there, so we're all good.

Next, in my attempt to find the train again I went back past the Guandi Temple (Kwong Siew Free School) and the Sri Mahamariamman Temple. (not just an excuse to show I now know the names and put more photos up!)

After all this I still found no postcards!

Running out of options I decided to catch the train to KLCC, which is a temple to consumerism, so still in the same theme. to make it clear there is a M&S, a Top Shop, and many other designer boutique. But most importantly there is a park with the dolphin sculpture.

Today was a long day and I'm very sleepy.

I'm going to Cambodia tomorrow, we have to leave the house at 07.00. I have to pack. I hate packing. EMB has called to make me hurry up and TPG says he's just going to leave me behind.

Should pack ...

No comments: