Wednesday 4 April 2007

Solo Adventure

From the apartment you can see a temple. (top right of photo above what looks like a light gray box)

Based on this I hatched a plan, I'd walk down to Freedom Park (Bottom Left), see how I was doing and maybe walk to the temple, now on the photo it may not look far but it is 35c and over 50% humidity. So hot and sweaty.

Anyway freedom park is lovely, very peaceful with lots of shade. I'm not sure what time school finishes here but there seemed to be a fair few school children around, boys being noisy and the like. What I did notice was that everyone was in the shade, of which there was a lot.

Feeling ok I decided to make the trip to what I later discovered was the (Buddhist) Chetawan Temple. which in the photo above looks small but is actually a complex of shrines and temples, even having a homemade waterfall.

First port of call was the office where there was a nice lady looking like she'd just got up and a saffron clad Monk using a computer. I asked if I could look round, was told yes, asked if I could take photos, was told yes, I checked, everywhere? Monk nodded, lady said yes. Hence there are many photos.

As I wondered around I got to see many things and reinforced my belief that fire, smoke, sunshine and faith is a good combination.

No comments: