Sunday 27 May 2007

MEET THE AU PAIRS

I just watched this program on the ever reliable More4.

I can honestly say that I have put more time and thought into getting someone to look after Ulrick and the chickens for a short holiday than was portrayed by two of the three families when looking for a long term live in help for their children.

Is this now normal? place an add, have a phone conversation, then pick your new family member up at the station? emb & I spent more time and effort finding the right dogs than was represented by the families looking for child care.

One line was "they need to start in 10 days" if they need to start that soon then why were you not looking earlier? (having said that you don't know how it was cut, if something else fell through, but still surely it's better to find the right person rather than the one that is there?)

Anyway, there's another one on next week!

2 comments:

dizzykj said...

However much I love More4 and think that they are generally fab, I think that they probably fall into the same trap as other, less reputable documentary makers, in that they find exceptions to the norm as these are the people who are happy to be on TV.

I think I have too much faith in human nature to think that this kind of thing is standard - or maybe I'm just deluded...

Swiral said...

I understand and agree I don't think it's the standard, but even if that they showed is the norm in only 1% of cases that's still one family in 100 and that scares me