Sunday 2 March 2008

Film quiz of (not all) rubbish chick films

Rules are:

1. Pick 15 of your favourite movies. (Not necessarily in order).
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions to answer!
(apologies to who ever did this first, I got the idea from James)
Addendum: I am fickle, these are films from my (& emb’s) DVD collection, so I like them, but that doesn’t make them good.

01. Do I look like I own tights?

02. Interesting man, your doctor. Not many doctors write notes on three-hole paper.

03. Where is my beige iridescent lipstick?

04. Oh, don't play dumb. We're better at it then you.

05. I don't look at it as dropping out! I look at it as a very strategic career move.

06. What do I need manners for? I already got me a wife.

07. I now know the hottie rating of every ex-convict in the western United States.

08. You embarrassed the girl. Sacrifice yourself on the alter of dignity and even the score.

09. We're broadcasting live from down by the river side where three lost souls are trying to find Jesus... although personally... I don't think this is where he fell in

10. Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a kissing book?

11. What family would want a daughter-in-law who can run around kicking football all day but can't make round chapattis?

12. Better a silly girl with a flower than a silly boy with a horse and a stick.

13. I was wondering, you know, while I was up there and all, I was thinking, well you know, I was wondering if maybe I could meet a girl? I've been thinking about that a little. Just these last fifteen years or so.

14. Any guy can sweep any girl off her feet, he just needs the right broom.

15. Mother thinks that any single man with big bucks is shopping for a wife.
(bonus if you know the quote it paraphrases)

So, all welcome, please have a go, I’ll put the answers up next week.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Morning! James F here.
Only got two of them, and the two easiest (for someone that doesn't watch chick flicks. Honest).

8 10 Things I hate about you.
12 Knight's Tale.

I'd say I need to see more films but maybe I just need to remember more.

dizzykj said...

Ok - off the top my head:
1 Step Up
2 Take the Lead
3 Dirty Dancing
4 Bring it On
5 Greese
6 Seven Bs for Seven Bs ??
7 ?
8 10 Things I hate about you
9 The Fighting Temptations
10 The Princess Bride
11 Bend it Like Beckam
12 A Knight’s Tale.
13 ?
14 ?
15 – Never seen it, but assuming it’s Bride and Prejudice as the quote paraphrased has to be “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife” ??

mmm... I think I'm either a film genius or have a similar love of all things chick-flick-esq..!

Swiral said...

now that was fast! so far we have 7, 13 and 14 left to go

07. I now know the hottie rating of every ex-convict in the western United States.

13. I was wondering, you know, while I was up there and all, I was thinking, well you know, I was wondering if maybe I could meet a girl? I've been thinking about that a little. Just these last fifteen years or so.

14. Any guy can sweep any girl off her feet, he just needs the right broom.

any takers?