Saturday 24 March 2007

Nails


This is a nail


Not just any nail, a broken nail


A nail I broke, by knocking it through a gas pipe.


Just to clarify, this was a bad thing, a very, very bad thing. Also evidence that epilepsy and picture hanging not always the best combination.


So, what to do, emb off out with no signal, left a panicky voice mail … call on Camelot, where lady and knight were out, but came to rescue me, they were about 10 minutes away.

Told to switch off the gas. Now is not the time to realise I don’t know where the gas switch is in my house. To digress slightly the only reason I know the location of the water point is owing to a leak. (All of you reading make a point of finding out where these things are where you live!)

Anyway, having shared the news I had no idea as to the shut off point. I was told to open the windows and doors, and wait for assistance. I stood with my finger over the hole. emb called, it transpires he had no idea where the shut of was ether.



I then stood with my finger over the hole for a bout 10 minutes till I was rescued by my wonderful neighbours. Now as you can see, it is quite high up, and by the end of it my arm hurt a fair bit.

The lord and lady of Camelot arrived first, the lady braving being licked to death puppy wrangled allowing her husband, who’s not keep on dogs but otherwise perfect to locate the shut off and shut off the gas. Then I sat down, all a bit crap but the house was still standing and Ulrick and I were unharmed.

Then emb arrived, greatly relived that I was fine and no one was hurt. Also that there was no structural damage.

After the initial rush Sir Arthur, went to get the correct tools then came and fixed it (with a blow torch), after his lady had given Ulrick many treats. Many thanks again.

We now have gas – and I want something that identifies pipes before you put nails in them.