Thursday 29 March 2007

Time in motion

It takes 12 hours to fly to Malaysia.

Everyone was very nice, I watched films (Happy Feet & Miss Potter). The food was pleasant, I'm a firm believer in curry for breakfast.

But it is still 12 hours, this is a long, long time.

After which I got of the plane, where the heat hit me, not true. the heat an humidity hit me. both vieing for my attention like noisy children.

Then collected my bag, the last one off the carousel naturally, and went meet TPG & his lovely lady.

Out here from the airport you pay for your taxi first at a kiosk, then queue outside. once done we got a taxi, and started the hour long drive back to the apartment. It was still very hot outside but the taxi had air-con

I felt very tired, and had been waring the same clothes for about 24 hours so had started to doze when there was a loud bang. I was surprised and not sure what was going on.

It appears a wild cat had run across the freeway and then been hit by the taxi, the driver didn't have a chance of missing it. we pulled over to the hard shoulder and my hopes of a quick brush down were dashed when I saw the driver carry the right headlight and put it in the boot. Even in my confused and jet-lagged state, I knew this was a bad thing.

He tried to restart the engine but appeared that the unfortunate cat had force the radiator on to the fan. The taxi, or as it now was the big black box with no power, and by extrapolation no air-con.

As we sat by the road with the doors open to catch the breeze it did strike me what a beautiful country this is, even if it is bloody hot.

after what to me seemed like hours, but can't have been more than 20 min the new taxi arrived to help us complete the rest of our blissfully uneventful journey.

We then went up to the apartment where I had a shower and fell asleep, all in all a good days work.

*****

View from apartment window
Taken before 09:00
Note the heat haze

No comments: