Wednesday 28 March 2007

Prepare to Launch

Had a half day yesterday, practically ran out of the building to the car where EMB was waiting, after several packing of the case we got it all to fit(ish) and then off to town for the train to London. We were running late and I accepted to myself to missing the train that had a reserved seat so running and getting frustrated would be counter productive. So I calmly went to the fast ticket machine, got my ticket and walked to the platform, where my train was waiting. I took this to be a good omen.

read my book on the train, and listened to the MP3 player, all very relaxed. was met at Euston by dizzykj clutching a coffee having already had a long day. We then got a bus from out side there to outside hers, stopping only to pick up a Chinese takeaway. we then settled in for an episode or two of Buffy before retiring for the night around 22.00 as I had to get to Heathrow for a 12.00 flight.

well that was the plan. we in fact watched four eps (Band Candy, Earshot, Once More, with Feeling, and Tabula Rasa, for those who need to know)

didn't get to bed till 01.00, naughty us!

had to leave the flat a 08.00 so alarm was set for 07.00, getting up was painful, but I managed it. Got tube to Padington and then the Heathrow express. it amuses me that it only cost £4 more for a return to Birmingham - London than a return London - Heathrow

ho hum, got to the airport on time, all so exciting!

No comments: